Monday 7 April 2014

Network TV Complicit in its own Demise

We are witness to the demise, or at the very least a severe transfiguration of an information medium that has been around since the 1950's, to wit : television.
The progression of this demise has been strangely, even mysteriously, unreported by the medium itself. We will examine the reasons for both these facts.
The signs of TV's pending demise or transformation are there if one examines closely. For the purposes of this article first we will examine NewsTV then infotainmentTV.

I have no ax to grind with employees of television news.
I hope everyone keeps their jobs, and their pay scale.
I know the anxiety of the fear of being unemployed. I sympathize, I really do. However......
You know me I don't like to complain.
Seriously, one has to ask: What age is it we live in right now?
The internet age.

As a boomer I have been witness to the evolution of NewsTV into the Snail news.
Television news editors and writers were quick to incorporate the phrase "snail mail", when referring to the postal service in the broadcasts, coincidentally at a time when both postal services of of the two nations of NorthAm were drastically improving their efficiency.
Ironic that they improved their services at a time when their product diminished....another example of the effect of the internet.

I dare say NewsTV will not be using the term Snail news any time soon. The reason for the non reporting of the NewsTV demise suddenly becomes less mysterious. They control the transmission of news, consequently they are reticent to report their reduction in viewership.
This is absolutely natural, all species are self preserving.
NewsTV editors should receive no condemnation on this account.

In life we can identify factors that cause our problems.
One category~~ things we do ourselves and another~~
things we have no control over.
NewsTV has no control over the fact that social media and the internet are taking away potential viewers.
So did TV from Radio.
NewsTV workers are good people and the anchors personable, and I really hope they can keep their jobs and and pay scales.

From what I can observe viewership must be down. This fact is not so curiously not reported much on NewsTV.

Still, it is not NewsTV department's fault that when
I browse my favorite news sites, Google News and BBC World News, and some others, that I am 
informed of practically 195% of anything SnailNewsTV 
has to offer---and quicker.
Social media like twitter is reducing these news
" info to user bits" even further.
More in next post I have to get something to eat.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment